Future Pilot Education
FAPA is not just for current aviators, we are for professional pilot aspirants too. We are experts on everything from the history of the career, to financing it in today's market.
All articles in the Future Pilot section are free, because of the significant support by our partners and advertisers. Please mention FAPA when you patronize their businesses.
Member content is denoted in red. Become a member today!
- 1. Becoming an Airline Pilot: The Good, the Bad, the Useful There's no way to avoid paying your dues to reach an airline cockpit, but there are quite a few strategies that can make the process much easier. We'll tell you about them here.
- 2. Business Aviation: How It Differs From the Airlines Business aviation pilots now fly some of the most sophisticated airplanes on earth to destinations all around the globe. Pay and benefits are top notch. Here’s why Biz Av is no longer just a fall back job.
- 3. Choosing a Flight Training School Many of a pilot's flying techniques and aviation knowledge begin at the first flying lesson, choosing the right school to earn your certificates can be critical to future success.
- 4. Flight Training Schools Comparison Our comparison chart offers a look at some of the top flight training companies in the U.S.. The challenge of course, is deciding which one will deliver the kind of flight training you want.
- 5. Scholarships To Help Pay for Flight Training There’s no denying that the education to become a pilot is just as expensive as every other profession these days. But we’ve done the work here to point out over 500 scholarship options just waiting for you to apply.
- 6. Choosing an Aviation College We take a look at some of the decisions future aviators must make as they try to decide whether they’ll earn a four-year degree from a local academic institution, or a school that offers a degree in an aviation-focused setting.
- 7. Aviation Colleges Comparison Table Let’s assume for a moment that you know you want to earn a degree while you learn to fly. How do you decide where to go and what program to choose?
- 8. Vets Stop Here for G.I. Bill Details Veterans of the U.S. military Post 9/11 are eligible for a variety of educational assistance through the VA, including help paying for flight training. All you need to begin is a copy of your DD-214.
- 9. Professional Pilot Degree Institutions No one doubts the value of a college degree to a career as a professional pilot. But if you know you’re after a degree in an aviation subject, how do you pick the right school? Here’s where FAPA can help.
- 10. Airline Pilot Careers: The Best Days Are Right Here, Right Now Too many potential aviators have turned away from an airline career because the money equation had changed. Guess what, it’s changed again but this time in favor of new pilots.
- 11. What You Must Know to Earn an ATP Because all Part 121 operations in the U.S. demand an ATP, here’s a valuable summary of requirements for the FAA Airline Transport Pilot Certificate, current as of October 6, 2016.